Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Reinforcement for principles underpinning Harringay Online's Charter for Harringay

At this week's Local Government Association Conference, Communities Secretary Hazel Blears had this to say:

"I'm inviting local authorities, in discussion with the people they represent, to tell us in Government what we can do to help their local community thrive.

It's about turning assumptions about power upside down. Less of Whitehall calling the shots and more of men and women everywhere getting together and working with their council to set the agenda for what happens in their town or village - I look forward to hearing their ideas."

Following the mystery postponement of the Green Lanes Strategy Group Meeting which was to have pushed the charter forward two weeks ago, I've heard nothing more...........which reminds me to chase it up. I'll let you know what's happening.

Tags for Forum Posts: Harringay Charter, charter, glsg

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for chasing this up Hugh!

There is a lot of enthusiasm for developing a local charter on HOL - or rather, a neighbourhood action plan/ agreement which is how I'm starting to think of it.

A Charter denotes all sorts of things like 'vision' and 'strategy' and 'values' - where as an agreement or action plan is more about finding a shared set of objectives, measuring, and celebrating success.

The process of developing these objectives will be inclusive (dare I say fun?) and hopefully expand this burgeoning network of neighbours.

Exciting times!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service