Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

The editors of the Good Pub Guide have received numerous complaints about children's behaviour in pubs. Read more here.

Many customers want their drinking space to be child-free, far away from nappies, screams and hide and seek games. Do you agree?

Click here to vote in the Guardian poll on this

Tags for Forum Posts: I blame the parents, family friendly, pubs

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Simple, there are some that are "family freindly" pubs with meals and outside playing areas which are fine as well as catering for Sunday Dinner otherwise pubs aint for kids.

Quite difficult in London as land is an issue, but your traditional country village pub with childrens amenities (mainly in our very short summer) is part of British culture. We use to have a ball in summer with our pop and crisps in the beer garden.

I do not care for children in pubs ouside the above criteria.
100% with Birdy on this one.
Sleeping babies OK?
Dribbling, peeing themselves, snoring in the corner, sounds like the Wetherspoons at Turnpike Lane : )
Yeah, but what about the kids??
they are bound to wake up at some point!
I think it's cool as long as children understand that when they are in a pub, they are being allowed to "join in with the adults" and behave accordingly. Pubs aren't playgrounds, and they're not at home.
I suppose the same rule applies to everyone in the pub: show consideration for other customers, and we'll all get along just fine.
I'm not too keen, but as usual it falls on the parents to show responsibility for them. Usually when children trigger my grumpiness in pubs it is when the parents are trying to pretend they don't exist. This can come in many forms. In a recent trip to the newly refurbed Queens Head I was told by the 8 year-old collecting glasses that she "hated her life" and that she had been there all afternoon. Her mother then told her to stop moaning as being in the pub was "brilliant!"

In the Salisbury I've seen parents letting their little angels howl at the moon while they bury their heads in the Sunday papers. Almost like being in the pub temporarily absolved them of any parental duties.

Parents, you've been told. Pay attention to your kids so I don't have to! :)

BTW, I can't recommend the Queens Head. No under 21's my a**e.
As long as they are family friendly pubs, I dont see why not.

I would question why any parent would want to take their child in to a pub that doesnt cater for kids.

And, as much as I love kids, sometimes its nice to have adult only places.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service