Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

From the Haringey Independent

A new phone number has been launched by London's police force for use in non-emergencies.

The Metropolitan Police hope the new number will help cut down the number of people calling 999 when it is not an emergency.

Commander Simon Bray, for response and patrol, said the new operators would direct your calls to the appropriate teams.

He said: "It is now easier to contact the Met when it is not an emergency as you only need to know this one memorable number.

"When you dial 0300 123 1212 we will take your call seriously and deal with it professionally. One of our operators will put you through to your local police or the team most appropriate to deal with your enquiry.

"We would advise people to take note of this number."

However in an emergency - when someone is injured or in danger, or when a crime is happening - people should still dial 999.

For all other situations, such as reporting a crime or an incident that is non life-threatening, the new number 0300 123 1212 should be used.

Haringey police stations and Safer Neighbourhood Teams can be contacted through this new number as well as through their direct dial.

Local rates apply from BT landlines, but it may cost more from mobiles phone networks.

Tags for Forum Posts: call the police

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmmm... I've always thought that a "semi-emergency" police number would be a good idea. But will anyone actually answer it (the police don't answer the numbers given for the police stations)? Also why did I learn this from our (admittedly estimable) leader rather than from a public announcement which might have reached more people? Or should I get out more?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service