Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

They seem to be working on doing up inside , does that mean the appeal against it becoming another betting shop typa thing was lost or is to become something else does anyone know?

Tags for Forum Posts: 48 grand parade, betting shops, gambling

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I asked the builders working on it today and they said its going to be an amusement arcade..........
I got a letter yesterday because I'd written in opposition to this. The adjudicator (or whatever name they have) has overturned Haringey's rejection. So, yes, the gaming centre will be opening.

There are various conditions imposed. The most important ones are:

1. A soundproofing scheme has to be submitted and approved (which includes self-closing entrance and exit doors).

2. A shopfront has to be installed which (and I quote) "at all times has a display of goods available for purchase on the premises by members of the public". No idea what this is about; maybe to make it look like a shop and not a gaming centre? Can't wait to see what classy items will be on sale.

3. Provision of private external area for smokers

4. Installation of CCTV

5. 'Only' open between 09.00 and 23.00.

There is a lot of material in the letter explaining why the appeal was allowed - if anyone wants to know more let me know.
this is depressing isnt it?
I struggle to drag my little boy past the one near Maplins on Wood Green High Street. They look like wonderland to him.
That news is hot off the press Alison. I haven't had a letter nor has the LCSP by the looks of it. as we thought we were still waiting for the verdict.

This is bad news for the area.
Amusement arcades are scumholes. Just my opinion, but has anyone ever come across a nice one?
GROAN!

(PS: I've had no letter either.)
I've had the letter too, and I was royally p'd off with a lot of the contents. Some of their argumets are:
* AGC's are at the "softer" end of the spectrum
* "The Council accepted that there is no concentration of associated uses in the vicinity of the appeal site. I have drawn the same conclusion having observed that the betting shops and clubs (they are referring to he social clubs) are reasonably well spread out along the shopping frontages of he centre"
WHAT??? We have a very high concetration of betting shops, or have they not noticed? It was after reading this bit that I really felt the need for a drink.

This is also a good one:
"Concern has been expressed about the proposal leading to nuisance, anti-social behaviour, crime and the fear of crime. The representations made clearly indicate that part of the community consider that the proposals could result in these concequences. These concerns relate in part to events tht occurred in 2002, since which time groups such as HoH, the LCSP and the Council have worked towards improving he area. This has achieved a reduction of crime and the fear of crime and the physical enhancement of the area".
again: WHAT??? So all the hard work put in to improve the area is rewarded with AN ADULT GAMING CENTRE! If everyone involved had known that would be the reward I bet they would have put less effort into it.

I'll try and scan it on monday and email it to those who want to see it.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service