Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Diamond geezer does not like the new tube map

I know at least one person besides me on the site who is a fan of
Diamond Geezer's blog about London and who may be interested in his entry for Friday 3rd October which is thorough break down of what is wrong with the new Tube map.

Any other DG fans? Or people who think that a great icon of London life is becoming a dog's dinner?

Tags for Forum Posts: map, overground, public transport, tfl, trains, transport, tube, tube map

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't like it either.. the map that is.. I left a comment there today saying so.. Harry Beck ** would turn in his grave

Now for the namedropping:
DG is a flickr contact of mine and he has also mentioned my blog on his.. oh what a compliment..

**BTW Harry Beck was quite local, being born in Barnet and living in Palmers Green.. or was it the other way around..?

P.S. I've got a copy of MAP N°1 from 1934.. shall I add a copy to HoL?
Stephen, when James Joyce was "in exile" in Paris and Trieste working on Ulysses & Finnegans Wake he could still recall from decades earlier every shop, theatre and pub, and their proprietors, along all central Dublin's streets. Is your second name 'Dedalus' or 'Hero' by any chance? Anyway, you're a joycean.
Yes, go on
Today's DG entry suggests extra info that should be added to the tube map
e.g.
Bow Road: Heritage architecture destroyed by greedy Metronet shareholders
Crouch Hill: There's only one train every half hour and it'll be packed I really wouldn't bother
Walthamstow Central: Limited service on randomly selected weekends
Mornington Crescent: Rules of famous parlour game printed on reverse of map
Canary Wharf: If carrying the contents of your desk in a cardboard box please use the manual gate

Anyone got any suggestions for essential info for tube/overground stops?

e.g. Harringay Green Lanes: Actually called Harringay Park if you listen to that Harringay nut who started this website (joke, H)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service