Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Noticed a change to layout of forum discussions? Read this post for more info...

You may have noticed that the layout of the forum discussions have changed. This is because responses are now shown in chronological order, following comments from users of the site that threads can be hard to follow and comments missed under the other (slightly more anarchic) lay out.

We hopes this helps with ease of reading and following discussion. If you want to make a general comment about the original posting, you select the large 'Reply to this' at the end
of the list of comments or write in the box under the post as before, and your comment will
be added to end of the list.

However the way that one replies to a specific point has changed, slightly. When you select
the small 'reply to this' under someone's comment, you will find in the box a lot of apparent gobbledegook appearing which on closer inspection you will see is the site automatically selecting the comment you wish to speak to.

Just write your comment as normal under the technobabble or if you are feeling especially confident, you can delete all the words you don't need in the bit you want to talk about.

When you hit, 'add your reply' you'll find that the original comment has been cut and pasted for you and your comment appears underneath.

Hope this helps, ask Liz or Hugh if you have any problems.

Tags for Forum Posts: forums

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds complicated: I'm going to practice right here!
Danzigger said:
Sounds complicated: I'm going to practice right here!

good idea. use this post for practice. If the Harringay housewife can do it, anyone can!
Danzigger said:
Sounds complicated: but isn't that hard once you get the hang of it
How come my reply comes before the original comment that I'm replying to?
Danzigger said:
How come my reply comes before the original comment that I'm replying to?

refesh your page it will right itself

refesh your page it will right itself
Oh yes. Lovely.
Glad to be of service, as anyone will tell you :)
Seems to me like the new style which incorporates previous postings is a real mess. IT ends up being harder to follow. So I have reverted to the old style. Any thoughts from other folks?
Agree
I liked it but I am used to it in other things.
I felt that visually it wasn't very pleasing but probably easier to navigate long threads with the 'new' style. It required a bit more effort though as I noticed that people were ignoring the clipped bit and writing over the top rather than at the bottom which was messy. Perhaps we can encourage people to do what Matt does and cut and paste manually the point they are addressing if it is buried in a longer piece.
I think new style was better than old. Like John, that might be because that's the way it's done in other forums I've used. It seem more sensible and easier to follow a discussion when all comments appear in order, rather than hopping back and forth to follow a sequence.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service