Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Following this story, Haringey have relented. This from the Journal:

A cat owner who faced a fine for putting up posters of her lost pet has been told she can stick them up after all.

Eileen Miles feared a hefty bill after a Haringey Council officer warned her she could be fined £70 per appeal poster for missing moggy Ginger Boy.

But after hearing of her plight, council leader Councillor George Meehan stepped in. A member of his office wrote to her: "The leader is happy for you to put up posters in the local area and has spoken to enforcement officers about this.

"I hope Ginger Boy comes back to you safely and please keep me updated on your search for him."

A delighted Mrs Miles, 53, who was originally told she could be fined for every poster she had put up on the Harringay Ladder, said: "I'm pleased Haringey Council seems to be promoting responsible animal ownership."

She sent Ginger Boy to her brother David Jones in Falkland Road to lose weight after he kept scoffing the dinners of her eight other cats.

But he escaped and she has been looking ever since. The latest sightings have been in Frobisher and Lausanne roads.

Anyone with information about Ginger Boy's whereabouts should call the Journal news desk on 020 8342 5777.

Tags for Forum Posts: cat, cats, posters

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i have your cat - meet me in the park at midnight - bring the money - dont tell the cops or else - ha ha ha haaa heeee eheeee !!!
Ginger Boy would eat you alive mate! This story was also syndicated to the Dagenham Blah, Blah (Some sister paper to Hornsey Gazette - sorry can't remember what it's called) except that there they stated that Falkland Rd was in Islington! (All the other wording was exactly the same) So that should make up for the fall in house prices locally. Will also piss off local name purists. Personally I prefer Passageside as a name.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service