Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

...........well, not sheep really, cars.

The Wood Green Car Free Day is coming up - Sunday 28th Sept, 7AM to 8PM. It's the closest we'll get to emulating traffic pattterns in Harringay in the event that WG High Street is made bus only.

It would seem to me to be an ideal opportunity for us to guage the effects on traffic in Harringay. To do that we'd need to select a few roads and measure traffic levels on the day that WG High Street is closed plus the same day on the week before or after.

We'd need agreement on the roads we should monitor, a group of volunteers (each of us could give a few hours each) and, ideally, some clicker counters.

Can anyone help wth any of that?

Tags for Forum Posts: Ladder traffic solutions, traffic

Views: 316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

South End Wightman
1100 - 252
1200 - 321
1300 - 334
1400 - 341

Next post after 7.00pm
It is dead on Lausanne Rd. I am kicking myself for not counting last Sunday. Even with the church this morning it was quiet.
Good point John about the data comparison with a normal Sunday (WG open to traffic). I assume there are stats to compare otherwise all that clicking will come to nothing ... on such a beautiful day, could be out & about!
Where has all the traffic gone? The new road around the back of the gasworks has been opened up but no-one is using it. I had a really good ride around and could not find a traffic jam, except for maybe turning right at the top of Duckett's common before the pedestrianised bit. I also notice that they've finished digging up Hornsey Park Rd (or am I a bit slow there?). Wightman Rd from Warham down was very quiet. I don't understand.
It's a miracle! :)
I'm wondering if they've posted some diversion signs or warning signs to get people to use other routes?
I saw none on my bike ride north up Green Lanes to Wood Green, south down Alexandra Rd and then east on Turnpike Lane (so admittedly I did not go as far west as Wightman). But it did also occur to me that some of the people who might have been in cars driving down ladder roads may have instead been on foot with their kids enjoying the various stalls of the car free day.
I wondered that too. I went as far as the NRV and saw nothing out of the ordinary.
See my post of 19 Sep. I think all traffic was diverted to the East of WG
15.00 - 309
16.00 - 352
17.00 - 337
18.00 - 329
19.00 - 330

South Wightman total today (3321 x 4) compared with North Wightman total last Sunday (3081 x 4) shows an increase of just 7.79%.
If John D's North Wightman results today are at all similar, I'm sure we Wightmaniacs could tolerate this burden once a year to let Wood Green or even Green Lanes folks have their childish fun.
BUT NOT EVERY DAY AND NOT EVEN EVERY SUNDAY!!!
I am doing Effingham and will post the results later.
14-14.15: 31 on Hewitt

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service