Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Unveiled by Slovenian manufacturer Gorenje - the "Made for iPod" refrigerator.

Views: 175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm reminded of a quote by Douglas Adams:
1) everything that’s already in the world when you’re born is just normal;

2) anything that gets invented between then and before you turn 35 is incredibly exciting and creative and, given opportunity, you can make a career out of it;

3) anything that gets invented after you’re 35 is against the natural order of things and the beginning of the end of civilization as we know it until it’s been around for about ten years when it gradually turns out to be alright really

Although the 35 age mentioned would appear to anyone over 21...

I'm getting one for Christmas...
Can someone under 65 please tell me:
a. What is a fridge?
b. Who is iPod?
c. Can either of them make a pot of tea?
I'll make you a pot, Eddie, when you come round to admire my ipod fridge, we'll listen to a little light jazz and try to solve the world hunger problem...:D
My, for an ex-union rep that comes across as rather frivolous! :)
I've seen one... I've seen one ... I went to the IFA in Berlin and although I'm over 35 (really), I thought I'd love one of those.. I have to say I thought 'at last, something worth having'

I don't have time to 'sit down' in front of the TV.. It really isn't the focus of my life..
Well, you can finally sit down and sing to the contents of your fridge.
Look Matt.. Ten years ago.. nobody would have dreamed that there would be forums like HOL. I for one didn't know what was going on inLondon N4..

BTW, The rest of the world starving then too...

TVs as the focus of living rooms will become less attractive and who knows, in ten years I'll be able to moan at you through the TV on my fridge. BTW, I was more impressed with fridges with TV screens on the doors.. just the thing when making your tea in the morning..

I'm old enough to remember that we in our Harringay prefab were the only ones in our family to have a (gas) fridge.. There were people who pooh poohed them in those days too.. They insisted that the cool box (hole in the back garden) was better for the milk ...
Look Stephan. Ipod attached to a fridge ... it's completely and utterly laughable! But you obviously take it all very seriously with your ... we've progressed since the old days little speech.
La la, sorry had the ipod on...
Tiny phones that fit in your pocket? Computers that fit on your kitchen table? talk to people in real time on them? It's preposterous...who needs such frivolity? What's wrong with a phone box and the postal system. Bah humbug!
I conna wait for the fridge freezer with Chemi-loo pull out add on, with an ipod. Never have to leave the kitchen.
Sing and dance round the kitchen...you are making it sound even more desirable. Best go and check the the joint account and place my order!
frivolous, me? Always deadly serious...I will make Eddie a pot of tea anytime he likes.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service