Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

You know getting things changed around here won't be achieved by a website alone. This site is a great hub, a place to connect, discuss and have a bit of fun too. It's a place to let off steam and celebrate but in the end, it's in the real world, 'offline' that we need to follow up on these connections, discussions. So how?

Well rather than going to all the trouble of forming new groups and all that, why not try out some of the ones that already exist? Tonight in a church hall near you is a meeting which anyone can attend. Don't be put off by the rather unwieldy name or fret too much about what it means, let's just call it the LCSP and leave it at that. Now the people who go to this are residents, just like you. They care about where they live, just like you and they want to effect change, just...okay you get the picture.

The point is that groups like these would welcome input, expertise and a willingness to share the burden. They are effective and do get heard, (the LCSP's latest 'victory', the removal of banners at the Arena were appreciated on the site.)

Okay RAs ain't sexy, even with the presence of some of our heart throbs from the site (kidding), there are slightly dull procedures, bits you may not be interested in and perhaps that old martinet from Warham Road does go on too much about litter, but how will these groups develop and evolve if we don't try and help them? The site helps to keep us informed but we know, deep down, don't we?, that this is not enough.

Tonight we are going to discuss the top three priorities for the coming year, if you don't want Mrs E to make them litter, litter and more litter and you live on the Ladder,Wightman Road or Green Lanes (or even the Gardens, why the hell not?) why not slip on your coat and come and join us at 7pm at St Paul's church hall...Birdy might even take you for a pint in the Old Ale after if you're lucky.

People Power

btw If you really can't make a meeting, you can email in ideas to lcsp@blueyonder.co uk and the chair will include them in the meeting at the relevant point.

Tags for Forum Posts: Wightman Road, residents groups

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry Liz. I didn't see this post till now AND I completely forgot that it was Thursday evening. Stayed home and read 'Haringey People' instead.
Don't worry Eddie, we made you the traffic tzar for Harringay in your absence, we knew you wouldn't mind.
I know just what you mean Eddie - its unputdownable! My very own copy of HP arrived through the letterbox today too. Yippee! I can hardly contain my excitement when I see the plastic wrapping containing the very latest news from our generous uncle council.

HP is so thick and so colourful and its such a pity we have to wait as long as four weeks between issues. And I don't have to spend any pocket-money on it!

Everyone has such a good time in council-land. Everybody is happy and smiling and having such fun, you can't help but be uplifted! When I grow up I want to live in council-land for ever and ever.

Clive (age 5)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service