Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Who lived in your house in 1901? (Frobisher, Falkland & Fairfax Roads)

Michael's thread reminded me that I have access to the 1901 census for these 3 roads.

The School House was occupied by James Quin, his wife Sarah and their 2 children, Ethel and Amy aged 13 and 10 - and one Florence Stockwell (their servant!). James was born in Huntingdonshire, Sarah in Cambridgeshire and the girls in Hertfordshire, as was Florence.

Unfortunately some of the entries are barely legible but I shall do my best to give you as much information as possible.

Right, whose first then?

Tags for Forum Posts: who lived in your house

Views: 1026

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Richard W Dickens aged 47 was a self-employed a model maker and was born in Southwark.

His wife Rebecca was 46 and they had one daughter, Mabel, who was 16
Thank you very much - that's fascinating.
this is so interesting - is the census in paper format and could it be photocopied?

any info on 117 fairfax?
Who lived there? An anarchist .... obviously :)
Adam, the census I have access to is online but I've done a hard copy for you.

Ok, the previous occupant was Peter Crombie Christie aged 44, a commercial traveller from Aberdeen and his wife Emma Sarah, aged 51 who was born in Islington.
Is this a reply from Matt or Angela (I am confused). Is there anyway of collating the information about Fairfax Road which I could share with others in the Fairfax Road Residents Association? Many thanks for this information!

Hi Matt/Angela

Trying to find the hard copy census you did for Adam is going to be a challenge.  Can you look up 86 Frobisher please (for obvious reasons).  I know I am about 5 years late on this discussion thread!

Michelle

No problem! Will have copies available for you later tomorrow

Hi Angela

Would you mind having a look at 151 Fairfax.

Many thanks

Lisa
Lisa, this seems tobe another house which was divided. One part was occupied by

Rebecca Stanley, a 51 year old widow. She was a self-employed dressmaker and was born in Dalston.
Sydney, her 15 year old son, who was a clerk.
Ann Clark, her 71 year old widowed mother who was also born in Dalston.
Willliam White, aged 44. He was a boarder and was employed as a brickmaker's labourer. He was born in Hertfordshire.

The second part of the property (just one room I think) was occupied by

Elizabeth Graydon, a 64 year old widow from Dundalk (?), Ireland.
Hi Angela

Like Ellen, we are new to the area and would love to know more about our house - 62 Falkland Road. If you do get chance to look us up, we'd be so interested to know the history!

Many thanks! :-)
Emily, this is another house which was divided into 2 dwellings.

1. Martin Taylor, age 32, occupation, clerk
Julia A Taylor (wife), age 29

2. Florence Adams, age 42, occupation shopkeeper/baker. Born in Kentish Town
Alice Adams, (sister) age 32, occupation, confectionery assistant. Born in Clerkenwell

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service