Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Can You Help Hamid - Any Lawyers/Paralegals on the Site?

I'm currently using a very pleasnt Iranian joiner (Hamid) to have some doors made.

When he was round earlier this week he told me a tale of how he's being royally screwed by Network Rail on his arches workshop. (Honestly, it sounds like an awful situtaion with the small guy being very messed around by a large company).

He's finally managed to get a meeting booked with them for a few weeks' time and is fearful that if he goes in there on his own he won't get anywhere. Is anyone a lawyer, paralegal or has enough knowledge and a bit of time to help him. He was quoted thousands by a lawyer and simply can't afford the fees. I imagine the work wouldn't need to be pro bono - pro a bit of joinery perhaps?

Any road up, if there's a good samaritan out there, let me know and I'll connect you.

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wot no lawyers/paralegals with a bit of time and good will??
The only legally-minded person in Harringay that I can think of is David Schmitz, a really good guy (despite being a L** ***). Maybe worth giving him a shout? There is, of course, CAB on the Common.
Thanks J.
Has he tried the Tottemham Law Centre? Contact 020 8808 5354
They may be ableto put him in touch with free advice.

Also of he has business banking, check out what they offer for free legal.

Regards

Jon
Thanks Jon
Briefly the story is:
- he took a lease on an arches workshop having carefull checked that it would have 4-phase(?) electricity.
- when he got there no 4-phase (?). SO it was unusable fro him
- after a few months Network rail fixed it
- then the elctricity folks refused to approve becasue the space was damp
- more months
- finally damp fixed
- he hadn't been able to use the space - finally got someone in NW to listed to him and got agreement by phone that no rent wd be paid.
- then he got a rent demand - phone calls to no avail.
- few days later he was locked out for non-payment
etc etc

His meeting with NWR is on 16th Sept
Hugh

I do not know if I can help but I do know somebody who works for Network Rail Property. I would be willing to talk to my contact if I knew a little more about the situation. If you could give me a brief synopsis and then I will talk to Hamid. Not promising anything but you never know. John Hoggard
Thanks John - have sent you a message re this.
Hugh,
I'll be happy to give him an hour, but for professional reasons it will be necessary for him to be referred to me by a solicitor. Alternatively, he could go through the Bar Pro Bono Unit, which won't cost him anything. Their number is 020 7611 9500. He should tell them that I am willing to look at his matter.
Best,
David Schmitz
Thank you David. Most generous.
I told you that David is a good guy...
There are a lot of genuinely lovely people on HOL.
Let's give Hamid the help he needs.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service