Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

We've had a little idea for a project, to capture through your photos a single day in Harringay, similar to a recent event on Flickr called,Flickr888

How?
1.Take photos around Harringay (only) as defined by the map on the main page.
2.Choose the one you like best/best sums up the day/defines living in Harringay.
3. Upload it to the website
4. It will be added to an album with the title of this post.

When?
From the early hours of Monday morning to midnight Monday evening, the 8th of September 2008.

It would be nice to get a spread of images from morning to night and all over the area, they don't have to be works of art (mine won't be). If they are not within the boundaries, they won't be added to the album.

p.s. For those people who are no longer residents of Harringay, we can make a seperate album of what HOL members across the world are doing at the same time if we get enough pics, could make a nice contrast!

In the unlikely event that we get 900 pictures uploaded, I reserve the right to choose the most appropriate ones as there is an issue over storage of photos on the site.

I promise that I will not post any pictures of rubbish, flytipping or litter.

Tags for Forum Posts: Harringay 898, photo project

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My digital is playing up but I could use my film SLR. You'll just get it later once I've finished the film. If that's OK.
yes that's fine, Matt. People can submit them any time after really as long as they were taken on Monday.
On the other hand, if no one contributes, maybe I'll only post pics of litter and assorted nastiness. You have been warned!
:)
btw To add a photo to the site; look on the side bar under the photos slideshow, you will see a link saying '+add photos' or click on 'Photos' on the tabs above, and you should see the same link on the photos page. You won't see it added straight away as it has to be 'approved' by a site admin (me or Hugh) but I'll keep an eye on the site this evening so I can 'approve' quickly. I'll add it to the album for you.
Follow our progress here
Hi, what a lovely idea!
and the day (Monday) was actually quite photogenic (weather and all).
It was a shortish notice, though, which may explain low response.

we took a couple of pictures with my daughter on the way to school.
we love the New river swan family.
(i hope the photo uploaded ok, please, let me know if you cannot see it)

cheers,
Marina
Attachments:
Hi Marina, thanks for taking part in 898 day , yes I can see it here but I can't add it to the album.
I wonder if you could add it to the site like this:
To add a photo to the site; look on the side bar under the photos slideshow, you will see a link saying '+add photos'
or
click on 'Photos' on the tabs above, and you should see the same +add photos link on the photos page.
Click on the link and follow the instructions. It may take a few mins to upload, depending on the size.
You won't see it added straight away as it has to be 'approved' by a site admin (me or Hugh) but I'll keep an eye on the site today so I can 'approve' quickly.

I'll add it to the album for you which is here.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service