Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This week includes planning applications for Green Lanes, Wightman Road, Warham Road, Lothair Road and McDonalds.

Click here to access.

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

is 91 Warham Road not one of the problem ones?
Yes it is, and this is an ongoing one in which the developer claims to have evidence that the house was 2 flats (he tried to put 5 doorbells on at first) from way back. People from the Warham Road HMO group are objecting to this application.
one too many
Have sent you a copy of some emails about this.
I've put my objection in for what it's worth. I hate the idea of people like this getting away with it, and we must all do everything we can to stop them!
I don't know the story here but wasn't the recent rejection in Hewitt similar - was claiming had been 2 flats (despite numerous electrcity boxes) and has been made to return to single dwelling. If someone could tell me a bit more about the 91 Warham story I'll happily object.
Again, everyone MUST object, this is absolutely disgusting. It's the example we need to send a message to other landlords, we're done with letting this sort of thing go, do not try to come in here and bend the rules to your advantage. We're not having it anymore.

The council needs reminding that these rules are here to protect people like Ben who's had a nightmare for years with this, not to protect some scumbag landlord who blatantly tries to lie his way to a permission to let this discraceful HMO continue to lessen the quality of life for others.
NO THEY ARE NOT HERE TO PROTECT PEOPLE LIKE BEN!!!!

They are here for much better reasons than that.
1.) There is limited capacity in our sewerage system
2.) There is limited capacity in our transport system
3.) There is a LAW saying that houses cannot be converted to flats. I know that there being a law against something is good enough reason to bang up harmless dope smokers.
Yes John, that too, but as a victim of a simillar landlord I'd beg to differ. We need protecting, and the Ladder is a restricted conversion area for that reason too.
There's many sides to this. I am seeing it from Ben's.

There's a limit to how many people you can cram in to a Ladder house whilst maintaining a, for neighbours, bearable level of pollution, noise, rubbish and light being the main ones, and it is absolute sheer hell for people having to live next to it. I would imagibe it's hellish for the people living in the house too.

However people chose to see this, we need to object and protect ourselves and the area we live in against these illegal conversions, and against the unscrupulous people who blatantly expliot the system and the council's incompetence.

As for the transport capacity around here, that probably reached it's max capacity some 20 years ago.. WHEN ALL THESE HOUSES WERE CONVERTED WILLY-NILLY.
Hi again Ben, I think I've mentioned this before, but might be helpful:
I've just had a look, and 91 Warham Road pays council tax band E = a whole house. There are no records of any flats ever being paid for, which would have 2 x band C most likely.
Link here: http://www.voa.gov.uk/cti/BandDetail.asp?lcn=0
I've emailed this info to the Warham Road HMO group. Thanks Anette.
Have complained. Three complaints already lodged.

But note the substantial number of documents they have produced to lend weight to the claim that the house was two flats when the owner bought it (eg gas bills for 'ground floor flat' going back to the 1980s). (See planning statement document on the Haringey site). How does that square with the assertion that it has always been one house?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service