Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Beer and architecture experts Geoff Brandwood and Jane Jephcote have identified London's most important historic pub interiors. They are a hugely varied collection ranging from lavishly decorated late Victorian hostelries to simple, street-corner locals.

See here at the Times Online for more. (The Salisbury is mentioned at the top of page 3).

See here for the book.

(And I couldn't resisit updating the Wikipedia article on The Salisbury with this.)

Tags for Forum Posts: salisbury

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And placed in Harringay, sorry Keith and Justin (not Tottenham!)
Yippeee - we've got it back!
So which constitency is The Salisbury in?
Next time you order a book from the Library Liz....................I'd be interested to see what they say on the Sals.
The strap line for this article has the words, 'Ten pubs in the capital where you won't find olives and chunky chips ...'. Um, yup, well the Salisbury happens to do very good olives & funky chips :)

But anyways, we know we have a very special pub in our neighbourhood, which is why (up till now) we don't bother meeting anywhere else. Pity it's in no longer a secret! The kitchen will soon be serving up caviar for the new clientèle.

And they say (for those not bothered with links);

'A splendiferous establishment from the great age of pub-building around 1900, recently and lovingly restored to its former glory and now offering good cuisine. This is Victorian pub-building at its most spectacular.'

Splendiferous indeed.
My experience of the staff is a good one, but of course this may not be the case for all.
I have to agree about the staff, but the nut roasts I have had on three occasions have been really nice?

There are two or three staff in there that are appallingly bad mannered but having said that the Aussie chap and the gaffer are really welcoming.
Had to walk past the ladder last night as we had a kid with us. Tempted to leave him on the corner with a bowl, he can break dance a bit.
Bet he can! He would have made you a fortune.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service