Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Here's a thoughtful and well-balanced piece by the Chairman of the Tottenham Conservatives

Click here

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

More reverse snobbery, eh? I guess when you have no chance of winning the seat you can make as many ridiculous and judgemental comments about the electorate as you like. See you down the Salisbury, Justin, next drinks. I'm not too grand to accept a pint of Pride from a Tory. Although you might be too grand to lower your standards and drink beer where the dreadful Ladderites gather to bemoan the scarcity of organic lemons.
Oh dear....

Although I do enjoy having a conversation with people who have a different view of the world.
Hugh, I am not a Conservative candidate - where on earth did you get that from? And I thought you *didn't* do politics on THIS site? And I stand by my comments.
Mine's a pint Justin. Really, come and meet me and John at the next HOL drinks, you'd like us, we're friendly and polite about our Tottenham neighbours.
I don't think this is about politics, this is about making judgements about people who live on the Ladder, based on what exactly? Apart from me (and let's face it, its always open season on middle class women), none of my immediate neighbours are white, middle class and most of them have lived in their street for years.
I do object to this brand of reverse snobbery that says if you are white and middle class you only live round here, because you really want to live in Crouch End or Muswell Hill and can't afford it, 'overspill' is hardly a nice way to be described.
If you are to engage the people of this ward, you might start by being interested in the issues that are affecting us and which are oddly similar to our neighbours and friends in Tottenham rather than concentrating your efforts on abortion rights. I support the plans to save Wards Corner and am still open minded about the Parkforce scheme. I would like to hear what your views are on betting shop overload, the problems with waste management, and so on but snide comments about the Harringay Ladder won't really endear you to me. I suggest that you do a little 'constituency' business up this end of the Borough.
Oh and John and I like a drink so you might need that sickbag by the end of an evening.
Drinks on me then! Please, if you don't mind, would you be kind enough to remind me? My email addy is justinhinchcliffe@hotmail.com
It will be my pleasure. Your email is added to my contacts list. The next HOL drinks is actually going to be in the Garden Ladder, but they do a good ale in there so we'll have fun:).
Mine too... do I have to wait until the next drinks?
Are you suggesting opening peace talks with Tottenham a little earlier than the 16th Sept, John?
If you need a European 'broker' to conciliate? I'm ready... but first you'll have to let me know all of your 'red lines'.. :o)
The agreed boundaries are those established on the 23 Jan in the Hewitt accord, brokered by Senor Hjuk, in which it is very clear that the Salisbury is in Harringay. We welcome with open arms the Berlin peace contingent and will have a pint waiting for them.
If all goes well, we expect to be invited to the next Tottenham knees up, in order to establish peaceful relations.
Yes I am. In case you did not notice, I missed the HOL drinks (so some of you got home earlier than usual).
So is this a topical link? Tottenham (Georgia or Russia?) & Harringay (Abkhazia/South Ossetia)? Either way, we have proclaimed our indpendence................

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service