Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Just happened to notice on an speciliast recruitment website (of all places) an article from another of the Catalyst short-listed sites through which I learned that Harringay Online was second in the Catalyst People's Choice Award.

A big thank you to everyone who voted - amazing that our wee little site got the second largest number of votes against the array of nationally and internationally supported "competition". Incredible.

Here's the paragraph from the article:

"We came third overall which was fantastic for us. The first place went to Freeconomy which had 4 times the votes of anyone else. This a community based on swapping skills and tools for free and living in a money less society. It had been featured on the BBC and has a huge following. And we were very close to Haringey online which had a huge community established and a whole council voting so we did exceptionally well."

Mmm....okay more than a little exaggeration about Harringay Online (if only she knew the truth about what many of the Council think of us) but the poor pet obviously felt the need to explain away her third place. Me? I'm absolutely delighted we scored so well and offer unbegrudging congratulations to what I'm sure was a well-deserved first place to Freeconomy.

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow. That's excellent.
I trust you've forwarded the young lady in question a link to the 'Harringay, Haringey, so good they named it twice' article as well as to the Wikipedia articles.
But ,yes, didn't this little old social network do well!
So, we've sold out to Haringey Council, have we? Yeah, all that talk about Charter Flights of fancy - I should have known. Well, that should take care of the funding. Nice one, folks! I'm joining Margaret in Timbuktu.
brilliant

how many votes did HOL get in the end?
All I know is what I read on the recruitment site - Catalyst haven't told me any more about it. I (or you) could always ask.
I've dropped Dan a note asking for the info, Adam.
good stuff, keep us posted

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service