Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Following an online spat in the Journal between a Crouch End 'wit' and residents east of the Borough, two unlikely allies in the form of Keith Flett, of Haringey Trades Council, and Justin Hinchcliffe, chairman of Tottenham Conservatives have produced a top ten of Tottenham delights:

1. Tottenham Marshes
2. Bruce Castle Museum & Park
3. All Hallows Church
4. The Bernie Grant Arts Centre
5. The Ferry Boat Inn
6. The Salisbury Hotel
7. Ward's Corner
8. Tottenham Cemetery and Lake
9. Tottenham Green Conservation Area
10. San Marco's restaurant

Tags for Forum Posts: Tottenham

Views: 205

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your favourite people in Haringey - do we guess who?
As Francis Urquhart might have replied: "you might guess who, Matty - I couldn't possibly comment."
the biggest delight is spurs' new signing luka modric!
Thanks for the post (and the name check!) - I've really enjoyed reading everyone's comments.

We included the Salisbury for two reasons:

1. As everyone knows, the Salisbury is in the Tottenham Parliamentary constituency.

2. The Salisbury is in St. Ann's Ward not Harringay and, as others have said, few people east of Green Lanes consider themselves to live in Harringay!

I should point out that just as many people in the 'Highlands' of West Haringey (e.g. Crouch End, Muswell Hill & Highgate) are as ignorant and dismissive of Harringay as they are of Tottenham!

And had I been compiling a list of Tottenham’s worst then think I may have been tempted to put the Sainsbury’s car park, off Green Lanes, as number one (-:
Bird_too - just seen your YouTube link (hysterical!). May I just point out that it appears Tate was driving through Green Lanes?
That's it, not going to the Salisbury anymore then!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service