Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Don't get me wrong - I love all the kebab shops, and antipilar cafe does good mezze - but wouldn't it be really great to have either a lovely,french patisserie like the one in newington green over here, or a nice, slightly upmarket chain like a giraffe cafe? i really feel like there is somewhere missing on green lanes - you have to go to crouch end, stokey or newington green for any lazy sunday brunches, or mid week treats for yummy mummies, or someone nice and relaxing to meet your friends. i want to collect enough support to show one of the managers of these sorts of places that there is the demand for it on green lanes. does anyone out there feel the same way as me? i moved to the area 8 months ago from highbury and miss the cafes most of all!

Views: 592

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes I know that John! Muna's was from 7.30 but people were free to come anytime. Maybe we'll try again at some point
One other thought about Cafe Lemon - always seems a shame to me that they don't do kids size portions. I went there the other day when the electricity failed in our road and had to buy an adult sized portion of egg and chips for my son.
Faltering Fullback, Finsbury Park - nice beer garden.

http://www.fancyapint.com/pubs/pub695.html
Oooh I used to live near that, a lovely pub.
Scarily so did I, and I agree!
Me too! I had my 25th birthday party in there.
YES! Let's meet in the Garden Ladder next time, they should be supported, and it's a great place. Let's support the nice places we do have while we're dreaming of new ones.
If we lose the ones we already have, what are the odds of new ones daring to open?
And after that let's meet in THE MORTIMER ARMS on condition that the owners get rid of its newfangled newoldale moniker.
Anette, can you organise the Sept monthly drinks for the Garden Ladder then?
There are people who move here because the estate agents always promote it as only a short trip to “fashionable Crouch End & Muswell Hill Broadway” as appose to on the edge of the Vibrant Harringay, Green Lanes with pubs, cafes and restaurants.

We’ve always worked on the policy we buy all our shopping from the indies on GL, then all the other stuff from Sainsbury’s, cheaper and supporting your local community.

To be fare Adam did want to hold one of the Harringay Dads at the OAE, but I said it would be better to wait until after the refurbishment to make everyone aware what a great, local, traditional boozer it is. Maybe I will suggest the next one at the Garden Ladder?

I don’t think the Garden Ladder is always going to lose out to the Salisbury. The Salisbury has wonderful décor and it is a real treat on our doorstep, however there is a greater choice of food in the GL and not at daft prices which is also applicable to the drinks and the staff are from my experience far more chatty. The Salisbury is not the only place to meet, eat, drink and be merry. Having sad that it would be a bonus if the GL let children in on Sundays between 12 and 6, I know the Salisbury does this. We wanted alternatives, yet we don’t use them?

I have always thought the Coliseum ground floor would make a nice family restaurant (earmarked for KFH for the past eighteen months) but I would imagine there would be issues with noise and smell built in the leases of the flats upstairs.

Liz, i have tried Papa Johns a few times and been very Liz, I have tried Papa Johns a few times and been very disappointed??
Really? I think their pizzas are nice, not as good as restaurant ones but miles better than most of what is on offer round here.
Estate agents are absolute t**ts and I hope that people have the sense to ignore their bull but it can't be denied they don't help to promote the area with their attitude. If there was any justice, in the current credit crisis, Paul Simon would go bankrupt as they are contribute precisely nothing to this area.
Interestingly I think that the presence of this website might do a lot to promote Harringay in its own right. If you google harringay now, this website and the wikipedia articles as well as the Flickr pages and the h2g2 article produced through HOL are what come at the top. Groups in Harringay are talking to one another, noises are being made about what needs to be done for the area and I think the promotion of the past history are helping to recover Harringay's identity.
you can only get 4-6 around one of those tables. Quite fancy the OAE once the refurb is finished

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service