Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

image: Ewan-M taken June 28, 2008.

Was at a do near the Queens Head last night so took the opportunity to pass by. As John has said recently the courtyard out front is blocked off at one end. A car is parked in there. Entrance to pub from the courtyard is gated off. The corner entrance is the only way in and out, if you get past the burly doorman. Luminous paper signs are stuck all over the windows telling under 21s to stay away.

Inside it looks as though nothing has changed. Opportunity missed ... shame really. It did look quiet in there and that's on a Friday night at 10:30. So, it looks like they've kicked out the hoods but kept away higher spending custom.

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He is using the front of the pub as a car parking spot and it's not like they're interesting cars to look at.

Maybe I spoke to a workman who didn't mind giving me the impression that he was the landlord.
I had a go at the bouncers on the way home tonight about the cars in the front. My grounds for objecting was that it's not like they're Ferraris or Maseratis or... anything other than Vauxhall Astras with nice wheels. Bouncer's eyes glazed over and he nodded politely. Am used to that obviously.
Did you go inside and sample the beer?
No. Fancy one now though?
Sorry mate, work phone, so always switched off at night. Will call you today.
I went in with my wife the other day - on the somewhat spurious principle that if we want it to be more the kind of place we want to go to, we should actually start going to it - and it was playing the most amazing soundtrack - Sisters of Mercy, Primal Scream, Jesus and Mary Chain. Sound of my youth! Agree it doesn't look great from outside though.
Must admit, I was beginning to think along the same lines. Wonder if they have a decent range of beers for the HoL lot. Last time I was there what was on offer was, um, ... mediocre.
Were they allowed to block off that entrance? I just ask because I notice that the footpath does not extend all the way around from Green Lanes to Frobisher/Willoughby Rd. We now walk on 'the road' to get in there...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service