Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Some of you might have heard that Ray is retiring next weekend and the newsagent is no longer doing paper delivery. Apart from this being the end of an era (Ray has been delivering my papers since 1985!) it means no more Observer on a Sunday morning in bed! Does anyone know of any other shop that will deliver?

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does this mean the shop is changing hands Michael? Is Ray the older guy? Do you know how long he's been here?
David T on here has found a London wide delivery service, but this is not a local newsagent, none of those deliver.

I shall ask him to post the company name here.
Ray has been around for at least 25 years, i think, and i would imagine a lot longer.

I used to get free penny sweets off him when i was in nursery.

I hope there is a send off for him!
That's so sweet!
The shop will still be up and running (thank god) but Ray is taking a well deserved rest from sorting the papers at 5am as he's in his mid-80s. We're paying our final bill this weekend so hope to wish him all the best
I spoke with his brother today Michael and he says that they'll probably sell since it'll be difficult to run it without Ray. The brother's son is a dentist so no place to pass it on in the family.
I must pop down for my paper in the morning then, Ray's is my favourite place to get the papers from, they're all really lovely.
Also, the other alternative are responsible for a HMO, so there's NO way I am supporting them.
The delivery service I have found is Martin-Lavell - 020 7620 0022. But - they seem to be the sort of outfit that says they will find out if they can deliver in ones area & call back - then don't. Also even if we can get some sort of sense out of them delivery is expensive - £12.50 per month. Depends how badly one needs ones early morning fix of the Grauniad!
The newsagent at the Bottom of Allison Road is also for sale.

Not the same since that Greek chap sold it.
My Wightman Rd newsagent (formerly Dawes of No.7) let their next-door premises to Impress Drycleaners for some years. Part of the arrangement was that I had my Times ironed and delivered by 6.00 every morning, after my butler passed to his reward. Shame how basic service has slipped in recent decades.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service