Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Heard of this? I hadn't.

Gunpowder Park is 90 hectares of new country park for the benefit of people, wildlife and the arts. Since its opening in 2004, it has become a beacon for the arts and environment sectors, with a unique programme attracting international artists across disciplines and forging new partnerships with public and private sectors. It functions as a physical and virtual focal point for exploration, innovation, communication and collaboration.

After 100 years as a closed site, the park land has been transformed from its former use as a Royal Munitions testing facility, through a multi million pound investment by Lee Valley Regional Park Authority (LVRPA). Drawing on this history of experimentation Landscape+Arts Network Services (LANS) works in partnership with LVRPA to develop the potential of Gunpowder Park as a new dynamic landscape for creative exploration, and has successfully developed the site as a regional resource producing work of national and international significance.

See this website for more details

Tags for Forum Posts: days out, park

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I stumbled across this last year on a cycle up the River Lea. I didn't know about the 'arts' angle but it looks like quite a bit of money had been spent on it.
Unfortunately, quite a lot was fenced off and that looks to be still the case:

"Since January 2007, sections of Gunpowder Park have been fenced off from public access. This action has been taken as a precautionary measure in the interest of public safety following recent routine ground inspections which revealed potential subsidence caused by old utility shafts."
http://www.gunpowderpark.org/site/63/221.html

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service