Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Coming home from Town tonight at about 10.30. I found Green Lanes by Endymion Road. I had to get some milk anyway so parked up in Venetia and walked up the road to ask the poilce what was happening.

Apparently cars were being randomly attacked. The officer I spoke to didn't know if it was angry Turkish supporters or Kurds goading Turks. I guess we'll probably learn more from the local wires tomorrow.

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Baseball, Ice Hockey, Cricket, doesn't have to be a sport really music? Mods & Rockers, Skinheads & Punks, Teddy Boys or political ideologies etc etc.

Football on the whole is a lover not a fighter and bridges many gaps that other sports don't. It is one of the very few world sports and it's only the top 0.000000001% who get decent money.

You want to come and watch Port Vale where the average wage is about 400 quid a week for a twelve year career (at best), I certainly wouldn't be up for it.

Although I would admit football has it's above average percentage of idiots, the vast majority of fans are passionate, peaceful people.

Barnet is another class example of a family club.
Liz is just having a 'hate man' day Birdy. We dress up all sporty like (refusing to wear top hats - earlier thread) and .... um .... like watching/ playing sport.

Why we don't just throw top hats at each other I don't know.

You choose first :)

Actually, I can see this catching on, especially in 'the city' after some Bollinger.
I don't hate men, I love 'em.
I think you'd look splendid, Matt, in the "High topper", B2 in the "John Bull" and how about Hugh in the "Low topper".
My husband would of course wear the "Gambler" and perhaps a little bootlace tie.
Oh my... I best stop now... this imagining thing could get out of hand:D
No question that a man who supports Port Vale is a lover not a fighter!
And the Unclestripes for you Liz :)

[No entry to the Ladder Summer Fete without top hat.] Adam could wear the Empire. If nothing else I'm sure he'd fine the name appealing! ... 'my little empire' (song by that Welsh band).
Hear hear! I keep suggesting to my husband that they get a ball each to play with, as it seems more fair on the ones that are just running and running without getting to play with the ball.
Cue annyoed glare from him indoors.

I would also like for the players to stop spitting so much, please. They set a bad example.
Anette, they spit as a result of exercise. That can't be helped.
It can, I don't spit when I exercise! Just swallow.
Oh, that came out wrong..
NOOOOOOO!
Don't worry they will be knocked out in the quarter finals. I couldn't hear Family Guy on the telly.

Football is the excuse, politics and racism is the problem.
I love it when I'm wrong!

How Turkey won that was beyond me.
Sounds like its all out of control.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service