Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

John McMullan is doing an excellent job of pursing serial humpers; namely lorries/skip trucks over 7 tonnes using the 'ladder' roads, when the shouldn't be and making a racket, as well as shaking the foundations of houses as they go over the speed control humps/sleeping policemen(persons).

From the above link you'll see he has been in conversation with lady at office of O'Donovan's, a waste mgmt company (ie. provider of skips). Lady at said office has promised to get the skip drivers to stop using ladder roads. She'll have 'a word' she said. John has suggested that if this doesn't happen his list of number plates will go to the police.

John's favourite number plate is Y666MOD. Well guess what, serial humper Y666MOD has just been seen humping itself all the way up Falkland Rd; time data: 10:55am 11/06/08

Time to name and shame folks.

Add your serial humpers here.

Tags for Forum Posts: Lorries on the Ladder, heavy lorries, heavy lorry, lorries, lorry, skips, speed humps, traffic

Views: 584

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I told them it was all the roads. There was an O'Donovans truck in my road this morning BUT he was quiet and he had just picked up the only O'Donovan's skip in my street. GBN services have sent one or two but I just don't think we're on their main route.
I've just spoken to O'Donovan's again. I told them no more Falkland Rd too and I reiterated that it was ALL the roads. You must keep a list... otherwise they are going to do what they did to me then and listen politely but probably do nothing.
I already told you... I spend an extra half hour snoozing in bed and just look out the window when I hear them coming. It finally got to the point where I took one day off to do other things too. Mostly I photographed them on Saturdays. Being a geek I am also exceptionally good at quickly memorising registration numbers. Whenever in a clash with a motorist/truck driver if I feel overly threatened I just yell their registration number at them and they bugger off.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service