Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Wood Green Consultation now available on-line, by email or by post

Wood Green Town Centre Supplementary Planning Document available for consultation till 25/06.

Comments can either be made via sveral routes:

1. Via the on-line consultation portal - very detailed (some might find it off-putting)

OR

2. Via the Wood Green Town Plan microsite (straightforward anonymous comments)

OR

3. By email to economic.regeneration@haringey.gov.uk

OR

4. By post to:

Wood Green SPD Consultation
Economic Regeneration Team
2nd Floor
River Park House
225 High Road
Wood Green
London
N22 8HQ

The head of the department dealing with the plan is Karen Galey on 020 8489 2616

As Liz points out it's also important to email councillors and your local residents groups and let them know your feelings so they can formulate a response too.

The LCSP will be dealing with the issue in their meeting this week.

Linked posts:

Wood Green Town Centre Draft SPD

More traffic planned for the Ladder

Tags for Forum Posts: Wightman Road, consultation, haringey heartlands, traffic, wood green, wood green spd

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

7 comments! They'll have to get the fellow who 'processes' the comments out of the pub this afternoon! I wonder if this will translate into a 'record response'. I was number 06
I found a dedictaed Wood Green SPD microsite with an optional route for comment. Have added a link for this + other routes to comment in the original posting up top.
Important too, to email councillors and your local residents groups and let them know your feelings so they can formulate a response too.
I know it's a completely different issue Liz, but I didn't have much luck emailing councillors and local residents groups on the issue I had with HMO/ planning appeal next door:

http://www.harringayonline.com/forum/topic/show?id=844301%3ATopic%3...

Anyone who hasn't yet done it, I would be really grateful if you could send a response via the link
Sorry to read that. Sometimes a phone call or attendance at a meeting can be more effective (not so easy to ignore!)
Did you get any replies from councillors or local residents' groups?
Yes I keep meaning to go to meetings, but never find the time. Do find time to get distracted at work on here tho'......it's my creative licence ;o)

Got some responses from local councillor, but.....
Someone contacted me from residential groups, I sent the petiton via email and no luck there either.....

I guess you cannot beat the traditional method of turning up and getting signatures. I also considered knocking on my neighbours doors, but my other half recommended I do not do this in case I knocked on the wrong door!
Unfortunately I am not getting the support I would like from my downstairs neighbour either (who is most effected by the building)

I would like to do more, but it's the time issue......
Really, Colin?! I sent you two messages on 19th May, inviting you to the WRN4RA mtg on Wed 28th with your petition relating to No.11 Alroy. I arranged to have the first half hour for you to explain the case and get as many signatures as we could from members present. You promised to send the petition for signing, if you couldn't be present yourself.
We held our mtg on Wed 28th and waited. No Colin and no petition!
I'm a member of the RA, not the Chair, Secretary etc. That's why I asked you to send it to the RA's email address, not mine. I've just returned to London at 10pm tonight after four days' absence to hear that our RA had received the petition by or before the weekend. I'm sure we could have responded with the urgency you asked for if you could have spent even five minutes at our meeting or sent the petition through anytime after 19th May.

Colin, I'd have sent this as a personal message if you hadn't mixed us all together in a discussion that has nothing to do with No.11 Alroy. I'm not sure that any lack of progress is down to local RAs, certainly not WRN4RA.
I'm sorry you took offence, though I was careful to not mention names. Obviously a mis-communication with regard to the email address you sent. I will make more effort to attend the meetings in future.
Thanks Liz, commentary and links added above.
I've just registered, though not posted yet. STILL no comments? What is the point of having such a whizzy internet site and not actually showing what people have said. Even allowing for the time taken to process the comments we've been discussing here, surely someone else has posted something (surely???).
From the discussion yesterday, we worked out that there are at least 7 comments posted on the document but ,according to my 'profile', they are still in the 'process' stage. I tried to see the comments from the housing SPD which has closed but the 'Who said what?" button brings up nothing ,so I emailed the dept asking about access to people's comments. Still no answer.
I don't know how that thing works or why it should take over 24 hours for a simple 4 line comment to be processed. I have grave doubts about the effectiveness of this form of 'Consultation'.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service