Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Does anyone know why the local Fish and Chip shop has closed recently? I am not a regular fish & chip muncher (honest), but every now and then I did the chips there and they were good...

Tags for Forum Posts: fish and chips

Views: 221

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They've joined up with the Noodle Bar opposite but no fish and chips on the menu. I agree they did the best fish and chips (in London) There is Georges fish bar in St. Anns Road. It used to be good when George himself ran it, the last few times I used it I was very disapointed, but others disagree. Theres an opportunity here for someone to open a modern fish and chip shop!
Aha,

I have been to the noodle bar, it's not bad. Although I find it a little bit pricey & the dry seaweed has sugar sprinkled in it - I have had seaweed before and it has never had sugar sprinkled in it...

I will give George's chip shop a try soon, thanks for the info ruthc :-)
I'll just have to try it when they are there :-)
this picture is making me hungry havent had any fish and chips for about 6months! I think you're right Ben about it depends whos working that night. The young guys are friendly enough but the food I had about two years ago, was not up to Andreas standard by any means. I ordered a cornish pasty one night and he gave me a cheese and onion pie, I said no, I ordered a cornish pasty, he said yes, here it is, I said this isnt a cornish pasty, he said yes it is, I said, do you know what a cornish pasty is? He said yes, do you want cheese and onion one? It went on like this for ages, I gave up and just a portion of dried up chips instead.
Hi Ben,

Yes - I agree, why is there always cod being sold when everyone knows that there are not enough left in the seas?
Hi Ruthe,

Sorry about calling you ruthc before...

I am going to Cornwall next week, so I'll be able to have real Cornish Pasties yum!
thats ok, there appears to be lots to ruths on this site, we may have to form our own special group. I'm off to the gym now, and I'm going to day dream about fish and chips to get me through it. Hope the weather improves for cornwall, wonderful part of the country. I don't know if anybody else feels the same but when you go to any of our gorgeous coastal areas, you expect to get some outstanding fish and chips on offer, yet I've always had my best fish and chips in London.
Georges is by far the best proper chippy in the area.
Hi ruthe,

Well, where I am going in Hayle is a gret place for fish, chips and pasties. But I agree, there are of course some pretty decent fish & chip shops in sunny ol' London. Enjoy the gym.
Then you can't have been to Sam's in Fowey, Cornwall - amazing fish and chips!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service