Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Thanks to Stephen H for spotting this article on Time Magazine's website.

Tags for Forum Posts: green lanes, time magazine

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hugh, just to let you know, Green Lanes was included in this article following a Neighbourhood Management organised conference called 'The World in our Neighbourhoods'. They had workshops led by people from Amsterdam, Stockholm and Paris on how their cities responded to globalisation. David Lammy, Lorna Reith and Geoff Mulgan (a Harringay resident and Director of the Young Foundation) all spoke. Zena and (I think) Dasos took the reporter round Green Lanes.
I know this diversity is celebrated through our schools and is often the best way for people of different cultures to get together and slowly, but surely, get to know each other. Great for the kids, great for the mums and dads.

I'm aware of the programme Alan mentions as I know someone in the NM team who has been on trips to the capitals you mention. Apparently on hosting a group of visitors with a night out at the Salisbury they all got their cameras out to take pictures of the building's ornate features. They were really impressed with our local pub!

The Times article is a bit brief.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service