Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Ok, not Harringay, but near enough and big enough to make a real difference to Harringay, especially when taken along with the Heartlands development.

There's a public "consultation" * at:

Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 May at Wood Green Shopping City, first floor
Monday 19 May - Friday 27 June at Wood Green Library, first floor

See this page on Haringey Council's website for more info.

*For those of you new to the borough, "Consultation" in Haringey is generally fairly meaningless. More often than not, it's a sham and plans go ahead irrespective of feedback.

Tags for Forum Posts: Wood Green, consultation, haringey heartlands

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

> *For those of you new to the borough, "Consultation" in Haringey is generally fairly meaningless. More often than not, it's a sham and plans go ahead irrespective of feedback.

Really! ;)

I replied to something online a couple of years back about regeneration of Wood Green. This consulting lark is great for the consultant's bank account. The council supposedly regenerated WG 5 years back. Would be nice to see some sort of green space in the centre of the high rd area rather than that awful Hollywood Green cinema complex for example!

Then they could bring in fines for people using WG who;
* spit
* drop litter (especially chewing gum)
* shove other pedestrians
* look like they're looking to mug someone
* walk menacing dog
* wear caps sideways and gold chains down to their waist
* aren't there to shop and just walk up and down high rd all day
* drive Mecedes/BMW with boom box up and down high rd all day

http://www.nzmusic.com/files/imagecache/Get%2520Wid%2520It!%2520-%2520Bling%2520(cover)%2520JPG.jpg"/">

Cafe / play area top of Ducketts is an interesting idea. I'd certainly support that, as long as it doesn't just serve up fries, pizza and cola! Thanks for pointing this out Tom.
The crossing at Turnpike Lane outside the common is slightly awkward because it used to look like this:

Wow, what a lovely pic!

Thanks Hugh - will get myself down to the library and have a peek.
Matt! :D

...I agree...
I also agree with Matt
*For those of you new to the borough, "Consultation" in Haringey is generally fairly meaningless. More often than not, it's a sham and plans go ahead irrespective of feedback.
mmmm , I hope not
There's been a wonderful piece of work, entitled 'The Wood Green Audit' which is a document driven by a resident called Laurie Owen. It was put together about 5-6 years ago (I think), and the subtitle says it all 'Wood Green town centre and how it should be'. It is a well thought out document which simply relates how Wood Green should be, without any preconceptions.
Documents like this have influenced these proposals, as have the opinions of residents associations, and other interested parties.
It's easy to criticise stuff like this, but as someone with a business and a home that is affected by these plans, I'd like to think that we still have a say.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service