Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Good, bad, indifferent?

Views: 156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It may even be less daunting than facing a meeting as your reactions and non verbal communication can't be assessed as it would be face to face and should conversation get too heated it would be moderated in the same way as a chair person would. I wonder if either of the Harringay Lib dem councillors would be willing to give it a go?
Sorry Liz I replied to Stephen H and it ended up on the second page. Here is what I wrote

Meetings normally last about one and a half hours.
Not so daunting.
They would not even be facing the people they were talking to.
Personally I think face to face is better but some people cant get to meetings or are very reserved (The quiet majority) and this would be an ideal environment for them to have a voice.
I think its a great idea and if I was a member of such an organisation my bosses allowing I would jump at the chance to do it
I know I'm being particularly dense about live chat but when I go into it, it says page cannot be displayed here, even though the page is there with the box to type in (the little narrow one at the bottom?) or are you supposed to type in the big box? How do you know if any one is in there waiting for a chat? On the main page it said that only me and birdy were on line. How would birdy know if i'd sent him a live message?
I went into it again, and birdy's icon was in there so i typed a message but nothing happened. Am I doing something wrong?
do i need to send it somehow, but that would means its not live..unless birdy was actively ignoring me of course..
Did you hit enter after you had typed the message? It should disappear and then re appear a few secs later. However, although birdy's icon was above it doesn't mean that he is using the chat, just that he is on the site. There's no way of knowing who is there, and that's the drawback.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service