Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

More streets in Haringey are now designated Alcohol Controlled Zones where street drinking is banned and penalties will be issued by police to drinkers using anti-social behaviour or causing a nuisance.

The only part of Harringay covered is Duckett's Common. All of Wood Green is covered. I wonder if that'll mean that street drinkers drift down our way.

For more details see this page and this page on Haringey Council's website.

Tags for Forum Posts: alcohol controlled zones

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe that street drinking is a problem in this area and (surprise, surprise) I am starting to compile evidence through photographs. I often come across people swigging cans of cheap lager walking down the Harringay passage (and a few minutes later finding the cans). I photograph the cans not the people, I'm not that brave!)
In the St Ann's SNT newsletter, alcohol abuse on Grand parade was identified as a priority. I know that the LCSP has asked for the zone to be extended into Harringay.
There has been an increase in the number of people I see drinking in Finsbury Park as well.
Not being out late very often, I don't know about the anti social effects of this but I certainly see the evidence next day...
A little of the evidence...

This morning outside Lion King.
They are neatly left and it brought to mind Alan's comment that the desire to be neat may be there somewhere even while bladdered!
There is ALWAYS tins and bottles left down by the Lion King. Goes with the nature of the business, unfortunately. That weird blue metal box that's chained to the wall does not help - it attracts rubbish. What is it for?
I often find cheap laget tins scattered up Seymour Road, or nicely depoited on people's fences. Not to mention the late night drinking parties by the passage, seems to happen a lot on week-ends. Can we PLEASE be included in the AC Zone! Including the passage. In fact, I thought we were? But if we are included, who's enforcing it?
Oh, the wall of the Lion King is also often used as a lovely outdoors urinal...
We ain't included - check the links in the original posting above.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service