Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Harringay Ward Safer Neighbourhood Team`s April KIN Letter and Newsletter

Aprils news from the Harringay Ward Safer Neighbourhood Team

Views: 45

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looking at the crime figures associated with the bookies, how you must be looking forward to the imminent arrival of yet more betting shops on our high street!
Further to the article in the Newsletter entitled `Betting shop bids on Green Lanes and Grand Parade`.
The meeting with the betting shop managers has taken place. All current shops in Green Lanes attended.
It looks likely that the companies concerned are going to fund a radio system for the shops to contact each other and their Local SNT when problems occur.
If and when this is up and running we intend to visit any of the new premises that open in order to get them to join.
We hope eventually to incorporate all betting premises on both Harringay and St Anns Wards
Given that we seem stuck with them, it is good that the police are taking steps to engage with the issue of crime associated with betting shops.
I am absolutely disgusted by the number of incidents in the betting shops. It clearly shows what sort of people these places attracts, and if anything these numbers should help us avoid getting even more in.
Does anyone know what it would take for any of these places to have their license revoked?
Read the bit about bookies with fury, so *** annoying. Great that Glyn is (as ever) doing such good work, but it is very much shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. Such stupid legislation.
I think the next step is to police these betting shops, and make sure they lose their license if they put a foot wrong. Who's with me?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service