Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

A splendid day out was had by all, the new playground is fab and thanks to everyone who worked to get the park in such good shape, as well as organising a nice little fete.

The GRA out and about

Dr Bike on duty

Is this what Matt does on his days off?

Lovely new cafe seating area

And the lovely playground.

Tags for Forum Posts: 10 May, chestnuts park, official launch

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the photos Liz. They reminded me that in my childhood days, the park was very different. For one thing, the area between the path around the edge of the playing field and the railings, was covered in shrubs and bushes and it was impossible to see into the park from the street. Probably too dangerous these days..
Also the house was still there, plus a quite large air-raid shelter, right behind were the playground was. After the war it was used by the council to keep the Park Keepers equipment in.

During the war, there were also barrage balloons stationed in the park and one of these broke loose in a storm and collided with the steeple of St Ann's Church, taking the top off of it. It used to be possible to see the new part of the steeple, by the diffrent colour of the masonary.
It was a really nice day out. I was busy doing the seed planting on the GRA stall & we had about 60 people pass by & take a seed home to grow. At one stage there was hardly room to move in the park for all the picnicers & visitors.

Really well done to the 2 / 3 that had the idea & got it off the ground!
Thanks for the pics Liz, everything looks great.

I do hope our residents can keep it looking like that.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service