Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This from the Haringey Independent:

A six-part documentary shadowing Haringey police's undercover robbery squad will be screened on ITV1 from Tuesday.

The Q-car team was approached by the television company in 2006 for a series on its work to combat robbery which was screened a year ago.

Now a further insight into the work of this 16-strong team is to be aired after the production crew returned to the borough to follow its progress.

advertisement
Since the introduction of Q-cars in 2005, spearheaded by Inspector Dave Mann, there has been a 30 per cent reduction in robbery in the borough.

Officers patrol the streets in unmarked vehicles ready to respond to reports of muggings within minutes of the incident occurring. They then drive the victim around to spot the suspect.

Due to the quick response a suspect can be in an ID parade a day after the robbery, while the incident is still fresh in the victim's mind and they are more likely to be able to identify the offender.

Inspector Mann said: "The results that we are seeing in Haringey are testament to the officers out there working long hours and to robbery squad detectives who spend many hours working on cases.

"The effectiveness of the team rests on victims and witnesses calling police immediately. We encourage this to continue, to enable a fast response and increase our chance of arresting and charging the perpetrator."

Tags for Forum Posts: police, tv

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This approach definitely works, my friend and I were mugged a couple of years ago at the bottom of our road, called the police and an unmarked car arrived within about 10 minutes and drove us around to try and find the culprit. We didn't have any luck finding him, however, he then mugged another person later that night and was spotted. He matched the description I had given and they found some of the stolen items on his body!! We were told to immediately 'phone 999 for muggings as the police are out there waiting - so beware potential muggers!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service