Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Why oh why do people dump their rubbish on Finsbury Park Avenue? I am sure this is happening on other streets in the area too but I notice this more because it's where I live! There is an alcove just behind Sainsbury's car park which people have decided is a rubbish dump and you cannot believe what people are leaving there!

I don't know what to do about it. I have contacted the council twice about clearing the area in the past couple of months, which they have done. However, the problem seems to be that because the council come along and clear it, people fill it up again with rubbish, thinking it is a place they can leave their old mattresses, beds, BBQs, cardboard, TVs, batteries.....I could go on. It is horrible and the whole street gets covered in rubbish when the wind blows making it look awful.

Is this a known place to leave rubbish that I am in the dark about?! Perhaps there is an unwritten rule that says it is ok to leave stuff on Finsbury Park Avenue and the council will collect it...

Tags for Forum Posts: flytipping, rubbish

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wonder, as most of it's a private road, whether it's worth also contacting the people responsible for maintaining it?
I guess what I had in mind here was a more permenant solution to discourage or disable tipping in the area you mention - I guess either planting or some physical barrier.
The Street enforcement team should really be tackling this. We were given these two email contacts by Councillor Canver, in relation to flytipping/fouling in the Harringay passage. It would be worth contacting them about this, as unless people are caught and fined they won't stop.
Ian.blake@haringey.gov.uk and tony.chapman@haringey.gov.uk.

It is a tough one though because you don't want rubbish all over your road but you can't help feeling that because you take the trouble to get it cleared, others think that it is acceptable to dump stuff. It especially infuriates me when I have to report white goods/tvs/computers etc as the council will take them away for FREE if you phone/email them.
You could also try this number for Street Enforcement 8489 5230. I am currently complaining about the amount of rubbish at the bottom of my road. I have left a message at this number and also emailed Accord on callcentre@haringeyaccord.com with a complaint. Good Luck!
Rubbish will alway's be dumped on Unenforced Streets
Until the Goverment bring's in punishment that Stops it

It's No good issuing fines that in most cases never get paid

The Waste Act allows offending Vehicles to be removed and possibly destroyed
until a few more cases are followed through

Rubbish Dumping will Never Stop

The Joke is even if You As Residents Photographed Offenders
Under current Laws you would be prosecuted for Breaking
Offenders Human rights.............

Human Rights Today's Goverments excuss not not enforcing it's many Laws
I assume you're talking about this bit. There is nothing in there about us not being allowed to photograph one another in public places.
The streets near Turnpike Lane station used to always have at least one or two dumped cars and now they have none - but this is because they just take them away. You're right, there seems to be a reluctance to prosecute people but is that really the solution?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service