Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I love the local restaurants on Green Lanes, but there are just so many that I'll never be able to try them all without looking like a beached porpoise. So, I thought I could cunningly mine the local knowledge :)

Does anyone know any restaurant that does good, hot, vegetarian food (just veggies, no fish)?

Also, a lot of the restaurants have fresh fish, is there anyone in particular who does it better than the rest?

Finally, any restaurants out there that do unusual dishes that you don't find in the other places?

Thanks for your input, I'd love to hear what you all think...

Tags for Forum Posts: curry, fish, food, indian restaurant, kebab, restaurant, special, vegetarian

Views: 179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jai Krishna is a veg south Indian recently opened on Turnpike Lane (where the old Karaoke Thai used to be). The food is very good indeed but the night we went the service was poor. It was the opening night though, perhaps they have settled down now. It's also cheap which is one of the very best things about our area!
Has anyone been to Plovdiv? The name has amused me for many a month.............
also, the original Jai Krishna is on Stroud Green Road in Finsbury park...it's been going for at least 16 years.
Edd, In Drummond Street near Euston there are few very good Indian Veggie restaurants. I haven't eaten there for a while, but here's a London-eating review of one - Ravi Shankar, Drummond Street - a mixed review, as you'll see. But I remember some fine food. If you go down there and give one a try, let us know what you thought.

H
As it happens, I work near Drummond Street! The Diwali (? forgive my spelling) lunchtime buffet is great, although the curries aren't as good as the ones you order. Normally, there's a mixed veg curry, a daal, and either a potato and spinach or sweet potato curry. There's also a wide range (10+) of side dishes and fresh salads. You also get fresh fruit, a type of cardamon infused rice pudding and other sweets thrown in. That costs £6.50 and is great value, although it pretty much writes off the afternoon!

An alternative is Chutneys, up the road a little, which has a smaller range of sides, but I find the curries a bit nicer. That's only £6 for the buffet, and they do a mean pakora too... They can also seat large groups downstairs...

Both are well worth a visit if you're ever hungry at lunchtime and near Euston....

On a Green Lanes note, I can really recommend the Danube bakery, I've tried a few things from there and it's all been really nice. I love their savory scones and the potato and corn breads, delicious!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service