Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Submission Made to Haringey Council to Designate Harringay's Green Lanes as a "No New Betting shops" Area.

Tireless and passionate local campainer Mario Petrou called me this morning to tell me that he's recently submitted an application to have Harringay's Green Lanes designated as an area unsuitable for further betting shops under the new Gambling Act.

The matter will be decided by the full council at Wood Green Civic Centre next Monday, 31st March at 7.00PM.

Bravo Mario. This more strategic approach to our issues is exactly what we need. No doubt Mario's put a huge amount of time and efort into this. I think we should now do our bit and be present at the full council to show our support for this application.

I'll also find out if there's any way of making a written submission to support the application.

(Sadly this won't be retrospective and won't affect the existing three applications).

Tags for Forum Posts: betting shops, gambling, green lanes

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hugh, this is great news! What a good idea, Mario's a star, but I am sure you've told him that already. :)
Did we ever hear any more on this?
I think it was disallowed.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service