Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This from Glyn (posted with his permission):

Dear All,

Attached are a list of all properties on the `Ladder` with three or more doorbells. Obviously this does NOT mean they are all properties converted into HMO`s without planning but a number of them may be.

We will be passing this list to LBH for their consideration.

Some illegal conversions however may not have door buzzers at all so if any of you know of suspected illegal conversions near you that are not on this list, please forward details on to us and we will add them.

Glyn.

Tags for Forum Posts: burglary, hmo, housing

Views: 475

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try again. Use different media. Follow up with a phone call to Gina to ask what her response is to your letter.
I agree with matt. Ring 'em, email 'em. Same with the other councillors. Take it to David Lammy. It's a pain but from speaking to people who have dealt with nightmare houses in the past, you can win.
`The new standard will establish a new maximum acceptable level of overcrowding to be used across the board.`

Do we know what this is Liz?

Bearing i mind some agencies visit these properties and to be pro-active it would be useful for them to know.
Will try to find out.
Does this help the discussion at all? Read down to see the definition.

http://www.communities.gov.uk/housing/rentingandletting/privaterent...
Was given this link on the rules in Ealing on HMOs

http://www.ealing.gov.uk/services/housing/hmos/
I al LOVING these links, has given me loads of ammo. Surely Haringey Council can't been seen to be worse than Ealing? I do wonder if they know about the license required according to the housing act of 2004 though. They will next week! Landlords having to be "fit and proper"? Loving it!!!!!
And hey, if I win my war, then others can follow.
Attagirl Annette
Salisbury Rd N4 has 58% HMOs.
Cash is a sign of money laundering.... Give them a cheque or transfer it to an account. Insist.
That is extremely dodgy. Cash is king for drug dealers and tax evaders. What you can do is take 100 pounds and then say you only got 60 to the tax man. Do us a favour and call 0800 788 887 once you're out of there and tell them how much you were paying him and for how long. They won't ask for your name or new address.
Moonsky, this sounds really dodgy. Is this going through a letting agency or a private person?
Also, drilling and banging next door? Are they doing building works? If so, do they have permission? Are they converting?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service