Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I have been having a good think about the quote someone received from the council of £100K for a traffic survey. This cannot be right. Despite the geographical area there are only 8 points that need surveying.
  • Wightman Rd + Turnpike Lane, in and outbound
  • Alroy Ave + Enymion Rd, in and outbound
  • Green Lanes + Endymion Rd, in and outbound
  • Sailsbury Rd + Green Lanes, inbound
  • St Anne's Rd + Green Lanes, in and outbound
  • Harringay Rd + Green Lanes, inbound
  • Alfoxton Ave + Green Lanes, inbound
  • West Green Rd + Green Lanes, outbound
  • Turnpike Lane and West Green Rd, outbound
Maybe an extra one for Sainsburys in and outbound - would they contribute to the cost?

The thing is, eveything else is now so easy to model (with a computer)because they have closed off the gardens and made all the ladder roads one-way.

I'd like to go back to the council and get some more details of their quote. I notice that these people do surveys for Islington and these guys can do them for "London".

I really don't think there is anything much we can do about the traffic volumes but once you have some data and a model you can play with it and maybe something surprising will come up. We certainly need something as a baseline before things get worse (and yes they can get worse!).

Is the relevant person from the council a member of this site?

Tags for Forum Posts: Ladder traffic solutions, Wightman Road, traffic

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought there was a lot of interest in traffic on here?

I might have a stab at writing the model anyway but it would be nice to know a bit more about what the council are doing.
From the budget speech this afternoon:
  • New funding will be made available for road-pricing schemes around the country, with tenders invited to test the technology. Such systems could both reduce congestion and help the environment, Darling says.
    It should cost money to drive through where we live. It certainly costs money to catch the bus.
Looks like you can kiss bye-bye to any road pricing schemes: New transport secretary yearns for the golden era before the 'war o...
See John's new blog on a citizen-led survey.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service