Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

What a lovely bunch of people!

I'd asked to come along to talk about the website and try and increase the Gardens' membership of this site. I was a bit apprehensive and thought I might not get a warm welcome.

But they were welcoming, friendly, open and professional. What else could you ask of a residents' group.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but my previous experience of another local residents' group, that shall remain nameless, gave me good cause for caution.

I get the sense that if anyone else wants to pop along to have a look-see, they'd be most welcome. The meetings are in the calendar and the contacts can be found here

The meeting was held in the Kurdish Community Centre on a little side turning off Stanhope Gdns. That has a nice feel to it too. In the room next to where the meeting was held was a friendly group of students working hard together on I don't know what.

I explained that one thing I'm hoping for is to get more residents' assoc type communication between Ladder and Gardens. Now, I'm even keener!

Tags for Forum Posts: gra, residentsassociation

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great news.

It's sometimes gets lost that we all live in Harringay and have pretty much the same goals as well as the need to talk to each other more.
That's just what I said in the LCSP posting...
Have they been invited along to the Ladder meeting next week?
My understanding is that the LCSP are not currently engaged with the GRA. One of my primary aims in starting this site was to build a Harringay-wide community. We'll never build it unless all parts join in with a common vision and mission. I have raised the issue of stronger GRA-LCSP collaboration with the LCSP. My understanding is that there is resistance on the part of some key members of the LCSP due to a past history of mistrust.

You ask a very good question rahman. The LCSP can be contacted at lcsp@blueyonder.co.uk. They will be better placed than I to respond to your question and explain what underpins their position.
Rahman, you may find it interesting to read the posts in the LCSP discussion as well.
Hi Just found this site - live in Harringay Gdns. What is the Garden Residents assoc for - does the tiel relate to a topic or roads?
Anna (Sapphireblue)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service