Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I've only just been told today by a friend who lives on 'the ladder' of a spate of tyre slashing that hit the area about two weeks ago. Apparently only vans, people carriers and 4x4s were targeted.

Is this some sort of so-called eco-warrior's doing? Because all this has done is make a whole lot of people purchase new tyres (adding the slashed tyres to the tyre mountain).

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

********** Ten points from me for "still" walking the little "nifties" to school... Perhaps the use of wellies for the walk to and a tap at the school wouldn't be a bad idea..?? (the german pragmatism is rearing its ugly head in me again, sorry) Well, at least in the short term..
There are also solutions like having poop-bag dispensers at critical points.. (we have them here) with a bin strategically placed to deposit the used articles in...

As for kids with knives.. I'm not sure about a solution to that, but anyone who has seen West Side Story, Torchsong Trilogy will tell you, running away from the problem (siiting in cars) will not help the situation...
I fantasise about slashing the tyres of SUVs (well, even just letting the air out would do it for me), not vans. I'm not anti working men with vans, we even have two houses in our street with 9-10 vans and a huge container up by the church. The container has featured in my fantasies in that I have managed to get the key to it and discovered that it is a gateway to another dimension, but that's about it.

I know that most people driving an SUV could not even change the tyre should something bad happen. One thing they all have in common is that they are actually truck chassis which are very heavy (3.5t +). They also generally don't fit into standard sized parking spaces at Sainsburys so the owners "have" to park them in the disabled parks or the parent and child parks. Ha ha ha, I could go on...
careful, John...as I've found some people get very hot under the collar about their cars.
Hope you can take the backlash, see the funny side and laugh heartily, ha ha :D
I own a car. I wish I didn't but I do.

Come on then all you SUV owners. I have a bright orange bicycle, you can't miss me.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service