Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

An email from my soon to be new client/boss:

Did you see that amazing Ch4 documentary last night? It was called “My Street”, and made us think quite deeply about our lives and community as neighbours. It reminded me of some of the things you’re trying to achieve locally…

My Street:

www.channel4.com etc.......

To watch it:

www.channel4.com etc.....

J

I just watched it on Virgin/Blueyonder 4OD. Worth a look. Thought provoking.

Tags for Forum Posts: channel4, mystreet, neighbours

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw this. I thought it was fascinating.

Quite an upmarket street (I think out west London way, they mentioned Ealing and Hammersmith a few times) but a lot of very mixed stories, like so many places in London. In particular, it was very striking to see the difference between people who had lived there for years (decades in some cases) and so bought for peanuts, and those who had recently moved in and spent a small fortune. Also a classic clash between a house from hell (IMO, you'll have to watch to make your minds up! Let's just say lots of booze was involved and roasting pigs in the back garden, mmmm) and their very well to do neighbours. There were a couple of particularly moving stories and a terribly sad ending. There were some ethical issues I worried about a few times, but a very interesting documentary none the less.

It reminded me slightly of The Tower on BBC1 last year - did anyone see that? Fantastic telly I thought.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service