Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

When this site first started in the sodden days of last year's summer, I included a blog feature. But most of us on the site at the time were relatively new to this sort of site and got confused between forum and blog.

I think I get the difference now - forum for discussing stuff, blog for airing your views, telling your stories, getting on your soapbox, more because you got something you gotta say rather than wanting to engage others in discussion.

A couple of members have suggested that it may be worth bringing the blog back. Any feelings on that from other folks?

Tags for Forum Posts: blog

Views: 165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wot NOOOO budding bloggers?
A day in the life of a Harringay Housewife? Riveting!
That Mrs L is a bloody awful excuse. Are you seriously telling me that's all and everything about you? Nappies, knickers and naughty noontime nibbles? Tirez l'autre!

But, hey, who says that a bright articuklat, witty person such as you could't make one helluva blog out of the Life of a Harringay Housewife?
I think if it was nappies, knickers and naughty noontime nibbles, it would be riveting. Good heavens what will people think?! :D
Try poo, post office queues and the Pontipines...(from In the Night Garden on CBeebies before you ask)
Don't put yourself down Liz, I'd find it fascinating. Mind you, I think of the Pontipines as personal friends. All of them. Worse still, I once woke up humming the Macka Paka song... So perhaps my judgement is not one you'd trust.
Hey a Pontipines fan club .... oh yeeeesssss! ;)
Aren't you a bit fascinated by the Wallingers though?
Totally! I didn't even know they had a name until my seven year old neice told me. I prefer their hats too.
Actually, I think they are called the Wattingers.
You are right, tts not lls. Got my glasses on now and can see what I'm writing!.
The classic episode 'Wave to the Wattingers" is a suitable lesson in neighbourliness and a particular favourite chez Mrs L.
Liz, I do hope you didn't think I was straying the wrong side of good taste with my alliterative list of housewifely home truths. It was meant to refer to babies, laundry and sneaked chocolates (honest).
I don't mind if you do, my dear. I'm a huge fan of the 'Carry On' movies and a bit of Sidney James humour is always welcome. Can you do the chuckle as well?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service