Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I am reliably informed that there are 17 Neighbourhood Watches (NHWs)listed for Harringay Ward, and I'm not sure how many in the relevant parts of St Ann's and Seven Sisters wards, but I'm having trouble finding contact info.

I'd like to compile a list so that people know who to contact. I understand that so NHW co-ordinators will not want contact info published. As you may know, it is this site's policy never to publish such personal info.

If you have a neighbourhood watch in your street, please can you let me know:
a. It exists.
b. Is it active?
c. Will you provide the NHW co-ordinator contact info or agree to pass this website's contact info to them (harringaycom@yahoo.co.uk).

Thanks so much for your help.

PS: My NHW co-ordinator gave me a free timer switch yesterday. Apparently all NHW co-ordinators should have a supply of these for their street members right now.

Tags for Forum Posts: burglary, crime, housing, neighbourhoodwatch, nhw

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was told recently when I enquired about joining Warham Road NW that it had not met for 3 years, as the co ordinator had to give up running it and nobody took up the reins. His household is on the site already, however, and has been invited to join the Warham Residents group. (Might ask about my free timer switch!)
Pretty much the same with Allison Road too.

We use to have monthly meetings at the church below. "Brian was our Leader", and Glyn the local bobby use to come as well.

It was the usual faces I'm afraid and it all ended without notice, don't ask me why? There was always at least ten or twelve people there.

The NHW gave out a few things in their time on Ally Rd.
Falkland Rd did or maybe still does have one. Same folks turning up with occasional new residents to the area coming to a meeting after being burgled, but then drifting away. It may have been the continuous chatter about rubbish and multi-occupancy housing that put them off!

There is a co-ordinatior but they only meet once a year or so, if that. Co-ordinator is a member of this site.
Thanks L, B, M. 3 down. Quite a few to go.
we have a Residents Assoc but not a NHW - when we set up in 2004 we distinctly decided not to be a NHW as we wanted it to be an inclusive community group with several purposes not just crime focussed

we don't meet often and have no official structure but communicate via email fairly regularly, and have organised several parties in the park at the end of our road
none on Seymour Road tha I am aware of. Let me kow if there is one!
There was a residents assoc on Seymour Rd a few years back, run by a woman called Sharon. She left about 5 years ago and as far as I know nothing since.
Alison, shall we..?
If you want to set something up, Hugh has the contact details of the Borough Neighbourhood watch co ordinator and I believe they help you with the first meeting and provide money for tea and biscuits. Or contact Glyn, the Safer Neighbourhoods bobby as I'm sure he'll have the info as well.
Absolutely - highly recommend you linking in with the official Volks.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service