Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

See attached letter. The web page that the letter refers to is www.haringey.gov.uk/corestrategy

Tags for Forum Posts: consultation, core strategy, council, haringey, housing

Views: 49

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yup, this was a really fascinating topic - but what they're talking about is the blueprint for Haringey's future. I must admit that I went to the website and groaned. I don't think it could have been presented in a less interesting, easy to assimiliate format if they'd tried.

One relatively easy bit to get hold of is what they call their issues and options. They ask if they've got the right ones. Here's that page:

10 Issues and Options

10.1 This section takes forward the issues and challenges identified and suggests policy options to address them. At this stage, the options are offered for discussion and comment and the Council has yet to decide its preferred way forward.

10.2 We would like to know whether we have identified the right issues and policy options and whether there are other issues and options which need to be considered. The policy options are put forward as questions and we would like to know your responses to these questions.

10.3 The issues are grouped under the following strategic priorities:

1. An environmentally sustainable future
a. Limiting the impact of climate change
b. Adapting to climate change
c. Reducing environmental impact
d. Promoting sustainable travel

2. Managing development and areas of change - Managing growth
a. Managing the impact of growth
b. Providing affordable housing
c. Providing a range of housing types

3. Creating a safer, attractive and valued urban environment
a. Creating high quality buildings and spaces
b. Protecting and enhancing the borough’s built environment and its local distinctiveness
c. Improving the quality and appearance of Haringey’s public spaces and street scene
d. Protecting, enhancing and improving access to public open spaces and areas of nature

4. Creating a vibrant and prosperous economy
a. Increasing job opportunities for Haringey’s population<
b. Protecting viable employment land and buildings
c. Strengthening Haringey’s town centres
d. Helping our local shops

5. Improving health and community well-being
a. Making Haringey a safer place
b. Improving our health and well-being
c. Promoting equality of opportunity and access
d. Supporting education and community services and facilities

So far the core strategy has been on line for comment for four days. In a borough with a population close to a quarter of a million, as yet, not one person has commented. Ok, probably speaks to the awful presentation, but still, should we be a little red-faced? Do we have the right to complain if we don't participate? (I'm not lecturing; I'm just as guilty).

The stuff they've provided looks so broad as to be almost meaningless. But I guess that doesn't stop me from replying to the consultation in my ownspeak.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service