Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Found this floating about on the internet, showing crime being committed on our very own no.29 bus route (warning: includes bad language).

Clearly not a pleasant experience for other passengers.

Tags for Forum Posts: 29, Route, TfL, buses, crime, public transport, transport

Views: 318

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Only if the people of Harringay can learn not to bunch at the front of the bus so that the driver sails past the stop or refuses to allow passengers on even though you can see seats upstairs or at the back and thereby makes you late for work. Also, let's not forget that the back seats upstairs of double deckers are virtual no go areas for most people and convenient practice ground for young arsonists before we get too sentimental about them.
I've seen that Face book group and let's face it it's not Eastern European gangs bragging about not paying but middle class trustafarians roughing it in North London. You know the sort, daddy's got a Bentley but they never buy a round or it appears pay for their bus travel.
Liz, you have a good point there, unfortunately. I think it's a combination of the trustafarians (yep, know the sort!) or whoever they are, and Eastern Europeans getting in for a free ride and some extra income in the form of picking people's pockets. The fact of the matter is that the bus is now a lot more overcrowded than it used to be back in the double decker days.
A permanant guard or two on the bendy bus might help, but TFL won't pay for that. :(

And Matt, the Facebook group is not really for bragging about the free bus, it's more to share the horror stories. There's a few..

I'm a little bit ashamed to admit this, but I ended up buying a car. That's not quite how Ken Livingstone saw his transport plan working, was it? I just could not take it anymore.
Thanks Splinx for your detailed account of the pitfalls of Bus 29. I think it is disgraceful the way TfL seem to be brushing this problem aside. The fact that you now won't even use the bus to connect with another up at Manor House shows just how out of control the situation has become.

The police are trying but it shouldn't have had to become an increasing demand on their time.

TfL are failing passengers on this route in this part of London.
Splinx, that is awful!!!!! This is totally unacceptable, and something needs to be done. There's something fundametally wrong when the locals can't use their own bus route for fear of being robbed!
I'll pass a link to this thread on to TFL and see what happens. If anything.
If they want us to to use public transport then they need to make sure it's safe to actually use.
Good idea. Also the Mayor's office? And David Lammys. :)
Have passed link on to TFL and also the Mayor's office. I'll post whatever comes back on here.
I did contact David Lammy a while back re. the house from hell opposite me, but only got a standard email reply, so is there really any point in contacting him?
Re. Lammy I'm happy to post a good old fashioned letter through his post box if you want to compose a letter of concern, with the link to the conversation included.

Or maybe printing off the conversation from this site and attaching to a covering letter.

If it's a hassle I'm happy to do this.
Would you? I'll hassle the Mayor's office..
Lammy does have access to this site via his assistant who's a member.
go on then, Lammy's assistant. Post here and show us you're taking this seriously. We certainly are!
Annette, came across this today, which sounds like the guys who are targetted on this issue. Worth contacting them?
Hugh, Which member is Lammy's assistant? I'd like to leave the person a message. Thanks.

Re. the linked article, yes, I know Sergeant George Acquaah via the police ward panel. They do do dedicated patrols and have reported back to us. The impression I get is that as soon as they leave the crime starts up again. It's like dealing with a persistent water leak. The problem is the style of buses and the refusal of TfL to use conductors.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service