Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Found this floating about on the internet, showing crime being committed on our very own no.29 bus route (warning: includes bad language).

Clearly not a pleasant experience for other passengers.

Tags for Forum Posts: 29, Route, TfL, buses, crime, public transport, transport

Views: 318

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ya know, embarrassingly, I can't remember off the top of my head. I'll see if I can find him.
Thanks Hugh, I've contacted them, and will post the response here. Hopefully I'll get one!
Hi,

Apologies for not spotting this thread sooner. I work for David and have been very interested and concerned to read about and indeed view these incidents on the 29.

I am happy for you to contact me directly about this - glanvillep@parliament.uk or obviously feel free to email David directly at mail@davidlammy.co.uk

Crime on all public transport in Tottenham and beyond is something David takes very seriously and was why he backed getting more police teams onto the buses last year.

I look forward to hearing from you directly to look into these incidents in more detail.

Cheers

Phil
Hi Phil,
Thank you for posting. I believe most people's concerns have been voiced in this thread. Based on this, would you be able to bring this to the attention of the rigt people?
I have contacted TFL, The Mayor's office and the Met police, but have yet to receive a response.

Your help would be most appreciated!
Hi Anette

I'm in the process of writing a letter to Mr Lammy.
Matt, will you be willing to put up a copy of the letter in this forum?
Yes.
Thank you
Thanks for the responses; Anette would it be possible for you to email me that correspondence. Obviously the issues raised have been given a fair airing here, but it is always easier to hold people to account when there is a clear paper trial of peoples’ concerns.

Matt, I like David await your letter and will ensure it gets the attention it deserves.

Cheers

Phil
I had a call today from the Safer Transport team for Haringey in response to my email to them (Philip, this was basically a note explaining this thread, and a link, that's all), and they've had a look at the site and the thread. The person I spoke to was not the right one for posting anything here, but he was going to get on to TFL and his superiors, and hopefully we will have a response from them posted here in a not too distant future.
They are aware of the problems on the 29, and they are taking steps to prevent them, but let's wait for the post, and let them explain exactly what they will do / are doing.
A letter has now been sent to David Lammy MP raising all concerns regarding crime on bus route 29.

Included within this letter was the following;

Details of police operations from recent ward panel meeting minutes:

Police and TFL had carried out six operations in recent months, checking 319 buses and 16,871 tickets. This led to the issue of:
• 940 penalty notices;
• 37 on the spot fines;
• 32 arrests; and
• 11 further cases of cannabis detection.

These are very high figures considering that:
• Operations only last two and a half hours each time
• They take place at off peak ‘quieter times, otherwise police would be overwhelmed.
Letter to David Lammy MP attached. It should be in his intray by now.
Attachments:

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service