Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Time Out on Harringay - Same Old-Same Old or a Fresh Perspective?

You tell me.

Tags for Forum Posts: guide, press, review, timeout

Views: 65

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure this writer lives here. Possibly had a little wander around, looked on the Internet and cobbled together something from the last time it was featured. Some quite old references and no mention of the Arena, the new bakeries, cafes and the new eastern European influence here, and a bit too obsessed with kebabs!

p.s. If the writer is a resident he should be on this website, invite him, and if he is a member then it should have been a better article.
It's v half - heartedly written. Maybe from one of the local estate agents? (What a cynic)
How could they mention Sainsburys and not the new shopping centre formed there or even the shopping/ cultural quarter in Wood Green.
And, it suggests that what I was saying about the sign on the bridge may hold true. Note that the article's title suggests it's about an area called Green Lanes, not Harringay. Label something and it'll stick.
You know, I wish people would stop branding us as kebab central.
It's actually a cooks paradise around here with good quality meat and game from Baldwins, all manner of fruit and veg, and the possibilty of buying ingredients/spices for all types of cooking (Indian/chinese/north African/ Italian/Polish/Russian etc.) not just Turkish (although I do love the gorgeous stews, don't get me wrong). Add to that buying your desserts from the French patisserie or Halepi, your bread from Yasar or Danube and your 80% chocolate from the Russian provision shop (if I haven't bought the entire stock) to go with your coffee and you are in foodie heaven.
Now to convince Time Out
Great tips - where the french patisserie and the russian provision shop is? Side of road, near..... would do if u don't know no. I am gonna be their second best 80% chocolate buyer :o)
La Ruche is next to the Aladdin's cave that is known as Lido, (recommend their 'pain au chocolat' ) The Russian shop (not sure of name) is near the Cafes Lemon/Lime , chocolate is near the counter. They also sell 'kimchee' from Korea, see what I mean about cosmopolitan!!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service