Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Haringey Council

Spent a small fortune issuing residents with Black Bins for Food waste

I wonder how many are still being used ?

Especially as users have to buy their own recycling Bags

I can accept recycling of Can / Plastic / cardboard / paper Etc

But taking into account that Our waste is Burnt and used to Generate
power for the Nation

That recycling Food waste can not be that Green or have a good Carbon footprint
Taking into account the time and effort in processing it

Sure I read in a local paper that it was causing some residents near the plant health issues last year

BOB/R

Views: 186

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lido sell them - same side of Green Lanes as Helim (other side from Cafe Lemon), round about Pemberton Road junction.

(What they sell are the original bags that we were only supposed to use, presume these have the logo on them - haven't checked!)
Are there any outlets for recycling for those who live in the flats above the green lanes shops? everyone here is talking about bags, but is that just for the Ladder roads?
we end up saving everything for ages then having to take it all to the recycling bins outside the salisbury... was just wondering if this was the only way of doing it as we haven't lived in the flat for long?
Probably the best thing to do Ingrid is to drop a note / give a call to Haringey Accord (the folks responsible) at:

Tel: 020 8885 7700

Email: callcentre@haringeyaccord.com

Do let us all know what they say.

To help anyone else looking more recently for compostable bin liner bags etc:

There's a page on the council website that lists the brands of 'approved' (need to have the correct logo on them otherwise they may be bad for the environment) compostable bin liner bags (including Sainsbury and M&S branded ones), where to buy them from and other related stuff:

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/index/environment_and_transport/refusean...

Please note that you don't need the compostable bin liners - you can line your large green box with grass, leaves etc instead.

Hope that helps

C.

The corner shop on Sydney/Wightman sells these too.
And our favourite Newsagents at 7 Wightman - home of the German Shepherd.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service