Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Those of you who don't know what LSCP are can consult this post.

The minutes of their latest meeting area attached. Of particular interest for me is a small section with the results of what sounds like a very reflective discussion on their role:
A number of questions were also raised:
- the area has improved, so why bother?
- to that extent, are we a victim of our own success?
- will more residents only attend if there is a new and burning issue?
- do people prefer to make contact by email rather than going out, especially in the winter?
- are we seen as too >old=? How do we attract younger members?
- does the regular (and inevitable) re-appearance of some/similar issues and problems become boring?
- why do we attend? (responses included: social conscience, desire to be part of community, chance to meet people, opportunity to >make a difference= - if these are all valid reasons, should we make more of them?
- is the venue OK? (all agreed that it was)
- is the time of the meeting OK? (it was agreed that 7pm might be more convenient, so with effect from Jan 08 we will give this an immediate trial!)

This was a very useful debate, and will provide us with plenty of ideas and challenges for 2008

As things stand the LCSP is an excellent contributor to effecting change on local issues, but this discussion seems to beg the question, could they be more? Could they be a more embracing residents organisation? Well I guess it's up to we Ladderites to contribute to that debate and put our money where our mouths are. Their next meeting is this Thursday at 7.00pm in St Paul's Church Hall (Wightman + Cavendish). I think I'll go along. Would be good to see some of you guys there. Perhaps we might even put the roads issue on the agenda for this year.

Tags for Forum Posts: groups, lcsp, residents

Views: 33

Attachments:

Reply to This

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service