Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This from FoDC:

At a meeting on the 29th October it was decided that a Friends of Ducketts Common group should be set-up. This was unanimously voted on by local residents, and officers and councillors from Haringey Council. Some of the issues that we felt would improve the park, included:
*extending the path throughout the Common,
*having an entrance close to the junction of Frobisher Road and Green Lanes,
*pruning the trees,
*a new playground
*and new glass for the notice-board. I am pleased to say that the notice-board has been fixed and thank you to Lewis Taylor from Haringey for arranging this so quickly. The Friends Group also now has a key to this notice-board to display information about what we do.

There are some very detailed minutes attached, thanks to David Schmitz for these.

The next meeting is on Monday 19th November at 7pm in the Greek Church on the corner of Frobisher Road and Wightman Road. This is a very important meeting as we will be discussing how we operate as group etc. We need a volunteer to Chair this meeting, please let me know if you would like to do this.

Also there is a bulb planting event on the 17th November from 2-4pm (see poster attached) - please circulate this widely. A couple of people have volunteered to attend the event and take details of anyone who is interested in the Friends Group. If anyone else can help out doing this, please let me know.

(Download full-size poster below)

Adam Coffman
Acting Secretary
Friends of Ducketts Common
email: adam@tao.org.uk

Tags for Forum Posts: events, local

Views: 69

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd like to suggest that as part of a revamp of Ducketts Common some more trees and gardens are planted. It is a real wasteland on the walk from Green Lanes to Wood Green. Why not look after it a bit and enccourage local people to use it decently. What about some benches for pensioners to rest on, there's not much around for our group. My daughter and I used to jog there a few years ago but found it such a threatening place that my daughter who still lives in Wood Green will no longer walk near it.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service